On 19 September 2017, at the ATU Gagauzia Regional Development Agency office a working meeting was carried out, aiming at elaboration of Regional Sector Programmes (RSP). The event was attended by representatives of the Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development and Environment (MARDE), ATU Gagauzia RDA, advisors of ‘Modernization of Local Public Services in the Republic of Moldova‘ project, implemented by the German Development Cooperation through GIZ and GFA-MMD-BCI consultancy consortium.
At the working meeting, presentations were made by the experts and details were provided as to the working process in:
- Elaboration of RSP in Water Supply and Sanitation (WSS) sector for ATU Gagauzia Development Region;
- Elaboration of RSP in Energy Efficiency (EE) in public buildings sector for ATU Gagauzia Development Region.
In addition, during the event it was decided to set up working groups in both sectors (WSS an EE) and to carry out at least four meetings of this kind. Thus, during the next 6 months, the two RSPs will be developed and project concepts for priority directions will be presented.
In the context of discussions, several principles in the elaboration of RSPs for ATU Gagauzia Development Region were laid down and namely:
- Harmonisation of key documents reflecting the regional development policy, including: Law on Regional Development, National Strategy on Regional Development 2016-2020 (NSRD), Regional Development Strategy of ATU Gagauzia Development Region, Social and Economic Development Strategy of Gagauzia,
- RSPs should be based on economic, social and environmental outcomes and on the assessment of ATU Gagauzia Development Region potential,
- Active participation of stakeholders. Strengthening responsibility of both local and regional authorities and of all parties involved in the elaboration of RSPs,
- Local and regional partnership. The established working group should include all interested parties representing both governmental and non-governmental sector.
Regional Sector Programme (RSP) is an operational tool for regional planning which has the following main objectives: increasing capacity of Local Public Authorities (LPA) in developing sustainable regional projects; creating all necessary conditions for the development of a project portfolio incorporating all development needs in accordance with the relevant, strategic and existing, legal and policy framework.
The project 'Modernization of Local Public Services in the Republic of Moldova' (MLPS) is implemented by the German Development Cooperation through GIZ in partnership with the Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development and Environment and is financially supported by the German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the European Union, the Romanian Government, the Swedish Government and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).